Health Care Reform: What Employers Need to Know Now
The landmark health care reform legislation will bring sweeping changes to our nation’s health care system as well as to the workplace. Employers must be ready for new responsibilities and requirements that will dramatically impact the compensation and composition of their workforce and their business strategies. While the timeline for implementation varies, the preparation begins today.
In this must-attend, complimentary breakfast briefing, we will explore the short-term and long-term implications of the legislation, including:
- New "employer responsibility" requirements
- Health insurance reforms and modifications to existing employee benefits plans
- How the excise tax on high-cost insurance plans and other "pay-fors" will apply to employers
- Special considerations with respect to collectively bargained employees
- Wellness programs
- Practical steps which should be taken to comply with the new law
Speakers include Littler Philadelphia attorneys Susan K. Hoffman, Esq. and Lisa A. Taggart, Esq.
Registration/Breakfast: 8:00 am – 8:30 am
Program: 8:30 am – 10:00 am
You may also register by contacting Barbara Hughes* at 267.402.3005 or email@example.com. Please respond by September 10, 2010.
CLE credit has been approved for this event.
There is no charge for this program.
*Please also direct all requests for special accommodations to Barbara Hughes.