Health Care Reform: What Does it Mean for Employers?
The landmark health care reform legislation will bring sweeping changes to our nation's health care system as well as to the workplace. Employers must be ready for new responsibilities and requirements that will dramatically impact the compensation and composition of their workforce and their business strategies. While the timeline for implementation varies, the preparation begins today.
In this must-attend, complimentary briefing, we will explore the short-term and long-term implications of the legislation, including:
- New "employer responsibility" requirements
- Health insurance reforms and modifications to existing employee benefits plans
- How the excise tax on high-cost insurance plans and other "pay-fors" will apply to employers
- Special considerations with respect to collectively bargained employees
- Wellness programs
- Practical steps which should be taken to comply with the new law
We have an experienced leader in Health Care Reform to present this seminar: Ilyse Schuman, Esq., Shareholder, Littler Mendelson, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice Group, Washington, D.C. (Former Chief Counsel for the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions)
Registration and Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Seminar: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 a.m.
Two hours of CLE and SPHR/PHR credit have been requested. There is no charge for this program.
Questions? Please contact Jodi Dalton at JDalton@littler.com or 312.795.3287.