Health Care Reform: Compliance Issues Which Require Employers' Immediate Attention
The U.S. Supreme Court's recent decision to uphold the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) presents employers with a number of critical decisions that demand immediate attention. Employers will need to be well-positioned to make the decisions that affect their health plans now, next year, and in 2014.
The ACA requires employers to be in current compliance with many of the Act's provisions. There are key measures which require compliance in the near future:
- Assuring Compliance
- What to do when different TPAs interpret "essential health benefits"
- How a single "wrap plan" aids compliance
- Handling a medical loss rebate (MLR) distributed by an insurer
- Determining benefits employers need to report on W-2 forms issued in January 2013 and how to manage the timing and mechanics of reporting
- Ways to assure compliance with rules requiring the preparation of a summary of benefits and coverage for employees
10:00 am – 10:45 am PT
11:00 am – 11:45 pm MT
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm CT
1:00 pm – 1:45 pm ET
Login information will be emailed to registered participants.
Continuing Education: CLE and SPHR pending approvalThe following states do not approve CLE credit for webinars: AL, AR, IN, IA, KS, LA, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC.
Questions? Email Keith Upton or call (415) 399-8450