Union Target: Florida Healthcare Providers - What You Need To Know About Current Bargaining Issues and Union Avoidance Strategies
Union organizing, strikes, aggressive bargaining tactics and other union activity directed at healthcare employers have dramatically increased. At the same time, the National Labor Relations Board continues to issue significant pro-labor rules and decisions. These developments are particularly challenging to healthcare providers who are committed to providing quality care while simultaneously facing new economic and regulatory challenges.
Acute care facilities and hospitals, long-term care providers, and nursing homes – both unionized and non-union – all are favored targets of union activity. An employer's best defense is knowing what to expect in the labor relations area, what lawful actions a healthcare employer may take, and how to devise an appropriate strategy.
This complimentary breakfast briefing will provide insight on these issues and solid strategic advice to help healthcare employers respond to the challenges they pose. Leading this interactive program will be Littler shareholders who are on the front lines of union activity in the healthcare industry in Florida and nationwide.
Topics will include:
- Current union organizing trends from the nursing unions, SEIU, and other labor organizations targeting healthcare employers
- Effective strategies for remaining union-free
- Collective bargaining trends and update, including staffing ratios and benefits
- Collective bargaining and first-contract bargaining strategy
- NLRB expedited elections proposed rule
- Notice of Rights rule and the legal limits of your responses
- The latest legal standards on wearing union buttons in healthcare facilities
- Social networking and Section 7 rights
- DOL proposed persuader regulations
Time: 7:30 am – 11:00 am
Grand Bohemian Hotel
325 S. Orange Avenue
Continuing Education: Application for Florida CLE is pending. We provide SPHR/PHR credit
Questions? Email Hillary Fryer or call (404) 760-3925