Ethics Compliance – Effectively Dealing With Corporate Whistleblowers
Corporate whistleblowers now have more financial incentives to report misconduct externally rather than use a company's internal helpline, and they're hitting employers with retaliation claims and complaints that create sensitive, time-consuming and costly internal investigations. Please join Littler attorneys Cameron Pierce, Chip Jones, and Tom Metzger and International Paper's Chief Counsel, Brenda Thompson, as they discuss the following issues surrounding this topic:
- The legal expansion of whistleblower rights and protections
- The impact and implications of a government bounty
- The importance of having innovative policies, procedures and codes of conduct
- The importance of encouraging internal reporting in the wake of Dodd-Frank
- Why conducting effective investigations of whistleblower allegations is more important than ever
Please email Sarah Korth or call (404) 443-3540 to register for this event or if you have any questions.