Regulatory, Legislative, and Enforcement Developments Under the Obama OFCCP
Doing business with the federal government directly, or indirectly as a subcontractor, can be a profitable proposition, but in the last six months, the Obama Administration has significantly increased the regulatory and compliance costs and burdens of doing so. Please join us for a complimentary breakfast briefing featuring Littler Mendelson OFCCP Practice Group Attorneys Alissa Horvitz and David Goldstein as they discuss the following regulatory and agency developments:
Regulatory and Legislative:
- OFCCP proposed regulations regarding Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
- FAR Council Interim final rule regarding contractor and subcontractor executive compensation reporting obligations
- Employee Rights poster pursuant to Executive Order 13496, and Proposed DOL regulations implementing Executive Orders 13494 (Economy in Government Contracting) and 13495 (Service Contract Act)
- Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: Diversity reporting metric obligations for contractors and subcontractors of the Federal Reserve Banks, the Treasury, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the FDIC, and the Federal Housing Finance Agency (among other financial regulatory agencies)
Audit and Enforcement:
- Proposed Rescission of the 2006 Compensation Standards and the Active Case Management Directive, and Resurrection of the Equal Opportunity Survey, pursuant to the President’s National Pay Enforcement Task Force
- Recent OFCCP Enforcement Actions, including Frito-Lay
- Onsite audit focus on individuals with disabilities and veterans outreach, in addition to statistically significant differences in hiring rates
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
There is no charge for this program.
Questions? Please contact Jodi Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.795.3287.
CLE and SPHR/PHR credit has been requested.