Business and Human Rights – What American Companies Need to Know
The recently ratified UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights ("The Ruggie Report") create global compliance challenges for multinational employers. Companies should ensure that they understand these Guiding Principles and how they might impact their business.
The webinar discussion will include the following topics:
- Strategies for addressing the specific recommendations contained in the Guiding Principles, such as: the development of a comprehensive human rights policy by the enterprise; the establishment of a mechanism to conduct due diligence; and the creation of an effective grievance mechanism to address situations where a business might impact human rights.
- Suggestions for protecting your organization and its brand from third parties who may try to use the Guiding Principles to create negative publications and other problems for the organization.
- Gavin Appleby, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson, Atlanta, GA
- Johan Lubbe, U.S. Practice Co-Chair, International Employment Law Practice Group, Littler Mendelson, New York, NY
- Stefan Marculewicz, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson, Washington, DC
- Brent Wilton, Deputy Secretary-General, International Organisation of Employers
10:00 am – 11:30 am PST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm MST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm CST
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
Webinar login information will be emailed to registered participants. CLE and SPHR pending approval.*
Questions? Email Keith Upton or call (415) 399-8450
*The following states do not approve CLE credit for webinars: AL, AR, IN, IA, KS, LA, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC