Littler Pride’s mission is to foster and maintain an inclusive work environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender attorneys and staff; to recruit, retain, and cultivate key LGBT talent; to ensure the firm meets the diversity needs of our clients; and to support LGBT issues in the legal community.
Littler’s attorneys and staff come from all over the world and bring unique perspectives to their work. Pride gives Littler’s LGBTA employees a platform to support and engage in the LGBT community.
- Earned 100% Corporate Equality Index rating in the Human Rights Campaign’s Best Places to Work Survey for six consecutive years, 2009-2014
- One of the nearly 300 employers and associations of employers that filed a brief in 2013 with the U. S. Supreme Court in support of Edith Windsor’s successful challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act
It Gets Better
In 2010, syndicated columnist and author Dan Savage created a YouTube video with his partner to inspire hope for young people facing harassment. In response to a number of students taking their own lives after being bullied in school, they created a personal way for supporters everywhere to tell LGBT youth that, yes, it does indeed get better. The It Gets Better Project™ has become a worldwide movement.
Littler created two videos for the project – one for youth and one for adults – to speak up about intolerance and support LGBT individuals. Watch videos
Our LGBT Story
Coming out in the workplace can be a challenge for many LGBT legal professionals. In a very personal way, Littler shareholders share their experiences in this video and describe how Littler’s inclusive environment impacts their achievements. Watch video
Littler lawyers are involved with many legal and professional organizations across the country. A sampling of our past and present leadership roles include:
- American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana Lawyers Council
- American Law Institute-American Bar Association: Employee Benefits Advisory Panel
- Georgetown University: Adjunct Professor of Cross Cultural Management & Negotiations and Global Labor & Employment Law
- Governor's Task Force on Development of Model Domestic Violence Employee Awareness and Assistance Policies for Businesses
- Greater Rochester Area Women's Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Lavender Law
- Minnesota Lavender Law Association
- National Bar Association
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association
- Out Leadership
- Tom Homann LGBT Law Association